Samurai Sword Set
"Battle of Sekigahara"
3 piece SA035RD
Share With Friends:
- This 3 piece samurai sword set with stand features silver dragons on the red scabbard. The battle of Sekigahara was fought in 1600, between armies commanded by Tokugawa Ieyasu(Eastern Army) and Mori Terumoto (Western Army). It was a power struggle between the loyalists of the deceased Taiko Toyotomi Hideyoshi and the oppositionists who were loyal to Tokugawa Ieyasu. The divisions were also based on personal likes and dislikes toward the de facto Western Army leader, Ishida Mitsunari. It is considered to be one of the most important battles in Japanese history for a few reasons. It was one of the largest single battles fought, with about 180,000 fighting at Sekigahara itself and about 70,00 fighting in other sieges. It would place the victor, Tokugawa Ieyasu in a position of unquestionable power and authority. The outcome of the battle would determine the fates of men on both sides: Mori Terumoto, for example, would see his power drop to less than a third of its original standing. While Tokugawa eventually becomes shogun. The daimyos which were present at the battle were overall very impressive: all famous provincial warlords in Japan were either present or played some part in the events leading up to the battle, and thus the cumulative experience of the men at the battlefield was very great. However, Sekigahara lacked the intricacy or strategy present at some other battles of the past. This was partly due to the makeup of the armies - men from different clans who were unaccustomed to fighting alongside one another had to do so. It also had to do with the character of the people involved: where turncoats were involved, it was hard to have a set strategy. Finally it was also parly because there just wasn't enough room or time to have any grand strategy. The result was a huge melee in which the most prevalent set goal was simple to annihilate the other side.
Does not include the silk fan in the background but it can be purchased separately.
▪ Overall Length: Katana-35 1/2"; Wakizashi-27”; Tanto-16 1/2"
▪ Blade Length: Katana-25”; Wakizashi-17 1/2"; Tanto-8 3/4"
▪ Blade Material: 440 Stainless Steel
▪ Includes: 3 piece sword stand
|Legend of Zelda Master Sword Ultimate Edition|
Twiggy's Price: $104.99
A savings of 36%
Sword of Omens
Twiggy's Price: $109.14
A savings of 49%
|The Hobbit Sting Sword with Scabbard-UC2892-K|
Twiggy's Price: $328.86
A savings of 31%
|Blue Exorcist Sword-SF537-2-PS|
Twiggy's Price: $59.99
A savings of 56%
|Dark Link's Sword with Hard Scabbard J-26137-D-WJ|
Twiggy's Price: $67.49
A savings of 36%
|Forged Samurai Katana-SS043BK-PS|
Twiggy's Price: $71.12
A savings of 46%
|Case Mini Trapper-Yellow-Deer-80029D|
Twiggy's Price: $62.70
A savings of 45%
|Black Commando Knife-HK-56142B-MC|
Twiggy's Price: $50.04
A savings of 44%